Whitsunday Tigermoth Adventures - Whitsundays
There is free parking at the Whitsunday Airport for passengers of tours. There is also a lounge area and cafe for loved ones to enjoy their wait. This can either be a calm trip to savour the views or a real adrenalin junky favourite.
Whitsunday Tigermoth Adventures is Best For
Directions to Whitsunday Tigermoth Adventures
Up to eight times more adrenaline pumping action than Skydiving, a Tigermoth Adventure is the most unique and exciting way to discover the stunning Whitsundays. Feel the wind in your hair in an aerobatic flight or choose a leisurely sightseeing affair; from the open-air cockpit of a vintage Tiger Moth bi-plane, and see the world take on a new perspective.
Pilots Peter Hearnshaw and Warwick Woinarski have 55 years experience of flying between them and Lynne, their 'feet on the ground' is a one-woman sensation on safety, operations and flying. But the star of the show has to be the aircraft.
Designed and built by De Havilland in 1931, the DH-82A Tiger Moth, made of timber and fabric, is a 'seat of the pants' experience. Shipped in pieces from England and assembled in Melbourne in 1940, its first call of duty was with the Royal Australian Air Force as a training aircraft. After the war it became a trusted piece of equipment of a crop dusting company, and since those days, it has changed hands twice and been rebuilt once. In 2006, it got a brand new and loving home with Whitsunday Tiger Moth Adventures.
• The Tiger Experience, a 10-minute flight over Daydream Island and Airlie Beach.
• Happy Bay, a 20-minute flight from Shute Harbour over the coast and rain forest to Long Island, South Molle, Daydream Island, and back to Airlie Beach.
• The Whitehaven Tour, the most popular scenic flight. Lasting 40 minutes, fly over Whitsunday Island to the dramatic shifting sands of Hill Inlet. Then for the most fantastic photo opportunity prepare to descend over the silica sands of Whitehaven Beach, one of the top beaches in the world. After you've been wowed by the view, it's back up to 1,500ft and over to Hamilton Island, Long Island and along the coast to Conway National Park.
• The Whitsunday Tour, the biggest and the best. This 60-minute flight departs Shute Harbour for Langford Reef and a low-level pass of Hayman Island. Turn left at Hook Island for views of the vibrant corals of Butterfly, Luncheon, and Manta Ray Bays, the top snorkelling destinations in the Whitsundays. You'll pass Hook and Whitsunday Islands, Hill Inlet and the white silica sands of one of the most beautiful beaches in the world - Whitehaven Beach, before continuing the same route as the Whitehaven Tour.
The next two flights are not for the faint hearted - these are aerobatic flights.
• Adrenalin Rush is a 30-minute introduction to a different view of the Whitsundays - upside down! Sit down, belt up and hang on as you climb to 4,500ft and then invert.
• Thrill Seeker is a 20-minute trip out to Daydream Island and South Molle at aerobatic altitude and then on the return it's a chance for 'mild' aerobatics over Airlie Beach.
For yourself, or as a gift, the Whitsunday Tigermoth Adventures are a wonderful way to experience the stunning vistas of the Whitsundays.