Whitsunday Tigermoth Adventures - Whitsundays
Are you a business owner in Whitsundays?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Whitsundays.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
Directions to Whitsunday Tigermoth Adventures
Up to eight times more adrenaline pumping action than Skydiving, a Tigermoth Adventure is the most unique and exciting way to discover the stunning Whitsundays. Feel the wind in your hair in an aerobatic flight or choose a leisurely sightseeing affair; from the open-air cockpit of a vintage Tiger Moth bi-plane, and see the world take on a new perspective.
Pilots Peter Hearnshaw and Warwick Woinarski have 55 years experience of flying between them and Lynne, their 'feet on the ground' is a one-woman sensation on safety, operations and flying. But the star of the show has to be the aircraft.
Designed and built by De Havilland in 1931, the DH-82A Tiger Moth, made of timber and fabric, is a 'seat of the pants' experience. Shipped in pieces from England and assembled in Melbourne in 1940, its first call of duty was with the Royal Australian Air Force as a training aircraft. After the war it became a trusted piece of equipment of a crop dusting company, and since those days, it has changed hands twice and been rebuilt once. In 2006, it got a brand new and loving home with Whitsunday Tiger Moth Adventures.
• The Tiger Experience, a 10-minute flight over Daydream Island and Airlie Beach.
• Happy Bay, a 20-minute flight from Shute Harbour over the coast and rain forest to Long Island, South Molle, Daydream Island, and back to Airlie Beach.
• The Whitehaven Tour, the most popular scenic flight. Lasting 40 minutes, fly over Whitsunday Island to the dramatic shifting sands of Hill Inlet. Then for the most fantastic photo opportunity prepare to descend over the silica sands of Whitehaven Beach, one of the top beaches in the world. After you've been wowed by the view, it's back up to 1,500ft and over to Hamilton Island, Long Island and along the coast to Conway National Park.
• The Whitsunday Tour, the biggest and the best. This 60-minute flight departs Shute Harbour for Langford Reef and a low-level pass of Hayman Island. Turn left at Hook Island for views of the vibrant corals of Butterfly, Luncheon, and Manta Ray Bays, the top snorkelling destinations in the Whitsundays. You'll pass Hook and Whitsunday Islands, Hill Inlet and the white silica sands of one of the most beautiful beaches in the world - Whitehaven Beach, before continuing the same route as the Whitehaven Tour.
The next two flights are not for the faint hearted - these are aerobatic flights.
• Adrenalin Rush is a 30-minute introduction to a different view of the Whitsundays - upside down! Sit down, belt up and hang on as you climb to 4,500ft and then invert.
• Thrill Seeker is a 20-minute trip out to Daydream Island and South Molle at aerobatic altitude and then on the return it's a chance for 'mild' aerobatics over Airlie Beach.
For yourself, or as a gift, the Whitsunday Tigermoth Adventures are a wonderful way to experience the stunning vistas of the Whitsundays.
You may also like
Hamilton Island: Whitehaven and Chalkies Sail & Snorkel Tour
Travel from Hamilton Island and enjoy a full-day cruise that incorporates 2 stunning destinations. Visit the famous Whitehaven Beach, stroll along the shore and take stun6 ReviewsFrom A$190.00
- Best Seller
Whitehaven & Great Barrier Reef Snorkel Cruise with Lunch
Explore Whitehaven beach and two snorkeling locations in one day. Cruise on an award-winning high-speed vessel with max. 32 passengers. Visit the iconic Hill Inlet, White47 ReviewsFrom A$189.00
Whitsunday Islands High-Speed Cruise and Scenic Plane Flight
See the best of the Whitsundays from both water and air. Soar above the Great Barrier Reef and Whitehaven Beach on a 60-minute, fixed-wing scenic flight. Then, visit Whit20 ReviewsFrom A$389.00
Airlie Beach: Outer Great Barrier Reef ReefWorld Pontoon
Nothing compares to the outer Great Barrier Reef! Witness magnificent water quality and diverse and colorful marine life. Travel to the pontoon on a premium vessel and en18 ReviewsFrom A$269.00
From Airlie Beach: Whitsunday & Whitehaven 6-Hour Cruise
Choose a morning or afternoon departure for this 6-hour Whitsunday Islands cruise. Glide through some of the Whitsundays remote areas, beautiful bays and peaceful islands55 ReviewsFrom A$115.00
Whitehaven Beach and Jet Ski Island Adventure
Experience the natural wonders of the Whitsundays on this small group, full-day tour. Relax on a leisurely cruise to Whitehaven Beach in the morning. Then embark on a gui6 ReviewsFrom A$399.00
Ultimate Whitehaven Beach, Hike & Inlet Tour with Lunch
Departing Airlie Beach, cruise to Whitehaven and spend the day swimming, hiking, snorkelling, sunbathing and soaking up the sun. Enjoy a gourmet burger lunch on the sand12 ReviewsFrom A$229.00
Ocean Rafting Tour with Snorkel & Scenic Flight
Soar over the Great Barrier Reef with a stunning 60-minute scenic flight. Then visit Whitehaven beach on a thrilling, raft ride. Swim, relax, bushwalk to the Hill Inlet L3 ReviewsFrom A$409.00
Whitsunday Islands 2-Night Cruise and Resort Stay
Ride to Paradise with this ultimate 2-day 2-night tour. Visit all the iconic Whitsunday Island locations by day to swim, snorkel, explore and relax on our custom-built, sFrom A$599.00
From Airlie Beach: 1-Hour Whitsunday Islands Scenic Flight
Experience the dramatic landscapes of the Whitsunday Islands and Great Barrier Reef on a 1-hour scenic flight from Airlie Beach. Get bird's eye views from the guaranteed84 ReviewsFrom A$249.00