Whitsunday Tigermoth Adventures - Whitsundays
Are you a business owner in Whitsundays?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Whitsundays.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
Directions to Whitsunday Tigermoth Adventures
Up to eight times more adrenaline pumping action than Skydiving, a Tigermoth Adventure is the most unique and exciting way to discover the stunning Whitsundays. Feel the wind in your hair in an aerobatic flight or choose a leisurely sightseeing affair; from the open-air cockpit of a vintage Tiger Moth bi-plane, and see the world take on a new perspective.
Pilots Peter Hearnshaw and Warwick Woinarski have 55 years experience of flying between them and Lynne, their 'feet on the ground' is a one-woman sensation on safety, operations and flying. But the star of the show has to be the aircraft.
Designed and built by De Havilland in 1931, the DH-82A Tiger Moth, made of timber and fabric, is a 'seat of the pants' experience. Shipped in pieces from England and assembled in Melbourne in 1940, its first call of duty was with the Royal Australian Air Force as a training aircraft. After the war it became a trusted piece of equipment of a crop dusting company, and since those days, it has changed hands twice and been rebuilt once. In 2006, it got a brand new and loving home with Whitsunday Tiger Moth Adventures.
• The Tiger Experience, a 10-minute flight over Daydream Island and Airlie Beach.
• Happy Bay, a 20-minute flight from Shute Harbour over the coast and rain forest to Long Island, South Molle, Daydream Island, and back to Airlie Beach.
• The Whitehaven Tour, the most popular scenic flight. Lasting 40 minutes, fly over Whitsunday Island to the dramatic shifting sands of Hill Inlet. Then for the most fantastic photo opportunity prepare to descend over the silica sands of Whitehaven Beach, one of the top beaches in the world. After you've been wowed by the view, it's back up to 1,500ft and over to Hamilton Island, Long Island and along the coast to Conway National Park.
• The Whitsunday Tour, the biggest and the best. This 60-minute flight departs Shute Harbour for Langford Reef and a low-level pass of Hayman Island. Turn left at Hook Island for views of the vibrant corals of Butterfly, Luncheon, and Manta Ray Bays, the top snorkelling destinations in the Whitsundays. You'll pass Hook and Whitsunday Islands, Hill Inlet and the white silica sands of one of the most beautiful beaches in the world - Whitehaven Beach, before continuing the same route as the Whitehaven Tour.
The next two flights are not for the faint hearted - these are aerobatic flights.
• Adrenalin Rush is a 30-minute introduction to a different view of the Whitsundays - upside down! Sit down, belt up and hang on as you climb to 4,500ft and then invert.
• Thrill Seeker is a 20-minute trip out to Daydream Island and South Molle at aerobatic altitude and then on the return it's a chance for 'mild' aerobatics over Airlie Beach.
For yourself, or as a gift, the Whitsunday Tigermoth Adventures are a wonderful way to experience the stunning vistas of the Whitsundays.
You may also like
Proserpine Historical Museum
Proserpine Museum is a must-visit even if you are holidaying in the Whitsundays for a short period. Preserving and collecting the historic past of Whitsundays is the main
St Vincent de Paul
For Good quality,affordable, Pre-Loved and NEW clothing.............
Hamilton Island info
Situated right in the heart of the Whitsunday Islands, Hamilton Island is the ultimate holiday destination. This is a place where you can discover all that's great about
Shane Batham - Into the Blue
Shane Batham is one of Australia's world-class photographers and videographers. He specialises in filming the Great Barrier Reef from below, and taking amazing images of
Large number of tourists enjoy fishing when they go to destination surrounded by water. Whitsundays is one such location where fishing is the most famous activity by both
Renegade Fishing Charters, Hamilton Island
Renegade Fishing Charters offer private half and full day charters............
Boab Boat Hire
Boab Boat Hire knows how much fun locals and visitors can have while boating and hence, offer boats that are easy to handle and are an affordable alternative.............
Metropole Hotel is located in a quaint, pretty little town on the Bruce highway at Proserpine, less than 20 minutes drive to Airlie Beach ( gateway to the Great Barrier R
Salty Dog Sea Kayaking
Salty Dog Sea Kayaking offers trips to suit everyone’s needs, be it for half a day, full day or almost a week. You can choose the ‘freedom rental’ options if you wa
Eungella National Park
Eungella National Park - Australia's home for rare birds and animals like the Platypus, one of two animals called monotremes, (egg laying mammals) , only found in Austral