Whitsunday Tigermoth Adventures - Whitsundays
Are you a business owner in Whitsundays?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Whitsundays.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
Directions to Whitsunday Tigermoth Adventures
Up to eight times more adrenaline pumping action than Skydiving, a Tigermoth Adventure is the most unique and exciting way to discover the stunning Whitsundays. Feel the wind in your hair in an aerobatic flight or choose a leisurely sightseeing affair; from the open-air cockpit of a vintage Tiger Moth bi-plane, and see the world take on a new perspective.
Pilots Peter Hearnshaw and Warwick Woinarski have 55 years experience of flying between them and Lynne, their 'feet on the ground' is a one-woman sensation on safety, operations and flying. But the star of the show has to be the aircraft.
Designed and built by De Havilland in 1931, the DH-82A Tiger Moth, made of timber and fabric, is a 'seat of the pants' experience. Shipped in pieces from England and assembled in Melbourne in 1940, its first call of duty was with the Royal Australian Air Force as a training aircraft. After the war it became a trusted piece of equipment of a crop dusting company, and since those days, it has changed hands twice and been rebuilt once. In 2006, it got a brand new and loving home with Whitsunday Tiger Moth Adventures.
• The Tiger Experience, a 10-minute flight over Daydream Island and Airlie Beach.
• Happy Bay, a 20-minute flight from Shute Harbour over the coast and rain forest to Long Island, South Molle, Daydream Island, and back to Airlie Beach.
• The Whitehaven Tour, the most popular scenic flight. Lasting 40 minutes, fly over Whitsunday Island to the dramatic shifting sands of Hill Inlet. Then for the most fantastic photo opportunity prepare to descend over the silica sands of Whitehaven Beach, one of the top beaches in the world. After you've been wowed by the view, it's back up to 1,500ft and over to Hamilton Island, Long Island and along the coast to Conway National Park.
• The Whitsunday Tour, the biggest and the best. This 60-minute flight departs Shute Harbour for Langford Reef and a low-level pass of Hayman Island. Turn left at Hook Island for views of the vibrant corals of Butterfly, Luncheon, and Manta Ray Bays, the top snorkelling destinations in the Whitsundays. You'll pass Hook and Whitsunday Islands, Hill Inlet and the white silica sands of one of the most beautiful beaches in the world - Whitehaven Beach, before continuing the same route as the Whitehaven Tour.
The next two flights are not for the faint hearted - these are aerobatic flights.
• Adrenalin Rush is a 30-minute introduction to a different view of the Whitsundays - upside down! Sit down, belt up and hang on as you climb to 4,500ft and then invert.
• Thrill Seeker is a 20-minute trip out to Daydream Island and South Molle at aerobatic altitude and then on the return it's a chance for 'mild' aerobatics over Airlie Beach.
For yourself, or as a gift, the Whitsunday Tigermoth Adventures are a wonderful way to experience the stunning vistas of the Whitsundays.
You may also like
- Best Seller
Whitsundays Ocean Rafting Tour: Snorkel, Walk & Whitehaven
Embark on an exciting, eco-adventure tour from Airlie Beach. With a maximum 32 people, enjoy all the perks of a small group. Fly over the ocean on a thrilling rafting rid18 ReviewsFrom A$164.00
From Airlie Beach: Whitehaven Cruise with BBQ and Snorkeling
Venture from Airlie Beach to Whitehaven on a small boat. Explore the underwater world and swim, snorkel or enjoy the view from the glass-bottom boat. Witness the spectacu52 ReviewsFrom A$190.00
Hamilton Island: Whitehaven and Chalkies Sail & Snorkel Tour
Travel from Hamilton Island and enjoy a full-day cruise that incorporates 2 stunning destinations. Visit the famous Whitehaven Beach, stroll along the shore and take stun6 ReviewsFrom A$190.00
Great Barrier Reef and Whitsunday Islands Scenic Flight
Get bird's eye views of the Great Barrier Reef and Whitsunday Islands on an amazing scenic flight from Whitsunday Airport and experience the stunning sensation of landing3 ReviewsFrom A$330.00
Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling Tour by Seaplane
Travel to the outer Great Barrier Reef on a scenic seaplane flight and get bird's eye views of Heart Reef and the Whitsunday Islands. Land on the water and snorkel in pri1 ReviewsFrom A$525.00
Whitsunday Islands High-Speed Cruise and Scenic Plane Flight
See the best of the Whitsundays from both water and air. Soar above the Great Barrier Reef and Whitehaven Beach on a 60-minute, fixed-wing scenic flight. Then, visit Whit20 ReviewsFrom A$389.00
Hamilton Island: Full-Day Great Barrier Reef Snorkel Cruise
Depart from Hamilton Island and explore a magical underwater world, and snorkel at the famous Great Barrier Reef. Over a full-day, visit two diverse reef locations. Relax4 ReviewsFrom A$245.00
Airlie Beach to Hamilton Island Day Trip + Restaurant Lunch
Choose your own adventure with this full-day trip! Cruise to Hamilton Island and explore at your own pace: relax at the pools or Catseye Beach or get lost in nature. Feas1 ReviewsFrom A$149.00
Overnight Sailing, Snorkel, and Kayak Adventure
Sail around the Whitsunday Islands aboard a 70-year-old ketch on a two-day adventure. Visit the best snorkel and kayak locations and enjoy an eco-friendly exploration of1 ReviewsFrom A$395.00
Hamilton Island Coastal Cruise
Enjoy a relaxing afternoon as you cruise through the gorgeous Whitsunday Islands. Sit back, enjoy the buffet lunch and take in the spectacular scenery as the crew share tFrom A$64.00