My Guide Website?
Sarina: Guided Tour of the Sarina Sugar Shed with Tasting32 Reviews
Uncover the history of sugar cane in Queensland, a guided tour of the Sugar Shed farm in Sarina and taste test our 'paddock to bottle' range made onsite - liqueurs, rum, chutneys/sauces, ginger beer.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Whitsundays:If youʻre booking your trip to Whitsundays last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Engage your senses in a farm to table tasting experience with a range of sauces
- Sip on fresh crushed sugar cane juice, barrel-aged rums, and fruit liqueurs
- Step back in time with historic machinery and facinating facts from the past
- Experience current production methods at the factory and operational mill
- Walk through a sugar cane patch that ripens to perfection in the Australian sun
DescriptionImmerse yourself in the journey of sugar cane production on this guided tour of the Sugar Shed farm in Sarina. Discover how sugar cane is planted and explore a sugar cane patch. Visit the miniature mill and see historic cane-cutting machinery. Follow your guide on a trip through the sugar cane production process. Head to the sugar cane patch and see old machinery before visiting the fully operational Plane Creek Mill. Continue to the factory to nibble on raw sugar cane and sip on freshly-squeezed cane juice. Delight your taste buds as you try a range of gourmet sauces, chutneys, relishes, barrel-aged rums, and fruit liqueurs made in the distillery. During the cane crushing season (late June to early December), see the unique miniature sugar that is a replica the large mills.
IncludesEntrance to the miniature mill onsite at the Sugar Shed (not the full scale mill next door) Guide Full tasting session Free parking Umbrellas (if needed)
- Tours take place rain or shine