My Guide Website?
Reef Sleep: 2-Day Great Barrier Reef Pontoon & Gourmet Meals17 Reviews
Sleep on a pontoon in the middle of the sea on the Great Barrier Reef. Experience the tranquility of just you, the sea air and the stars. Explore the reef by day, watch the sun set over the water, enjoy gourmet meals and stargaze.
- Sleep under the stars on the Great Barrier Reef on a purpose-built pontoon
- Enjoy a chef-prepared dinner, morning and afternoon tea, buffet lunch and breakfast
- Explore the stunning underwater ecoystem of the reef
- Stargaze as night falls on the reef
- Be lulled to sleep by the tranquility of the ocean
DescriptionExplore the Great Barrier Reef during the day, and sleep on an open deck during the night out at sea on this immersive reef experience. Watch the sunset over the water, enjoy gourmet food and watch the stars as you fall asleep. Travel on a high-speed, comfortable vessel 39 nautical miles from shore to the reef. The approximately 3-hour trip to the destination counts as its own sightseeing adventure. Spot whales at certain times of the year. Arrive at the permanently moored pontoon on Hardy Reef – one of the most spectacular stretches of the Great Barrier Reef. A coral wall, home to an ecosystem of magnificent corals and marine life, runs adjacent to the pontoon. Hundreds of fish species at Hardy Reef will surprise and delight you - especially the giant groper. Explore the reef all day with your choice of swimming, snorkeling, and more. Curb your hunger with morning and afternoon tea and a sumptuous buffet lunch. As dusk approaches, watch for turtles who nibble at the seaweed around the pontoon. Watch the sunset while you sip your sundowner...the reef comes to life in the darkness of the night. Enjoy a delicious gourmet dinner and full use of the bar. Gaze at a gazillion stars from your comfy Reefbed on the top deck of the pontoon. Our Reefbeds are comfortable queen beds with snug bedding. On a clear night, you can sleep with the cover open — just you, the sea air, and the stars. Be lulled to sleep by the tranquility of being in the middle of the ocean. Enjoy a breakfast followed by more time exploring the reef. Embark on optional guided snorkeling and diving trips and visit very special spots. Get the chance to see Giant Maori Wrasse, spectacular coral formations, tropical fish, turtles, and reef sharks (not guaranteed). Choose to visit the underwater viewing chamber and look at the coral from the comfort of our semi-submersible vessel.
IncludesTwo morning and afternoon teas Two buffet lunches Gourmet dinner One breakfast
- Please bring
- One small overnight bag, toiletries and own bath towel
- Swimwear and towel
- Protective clothing, hat and sunscreen lotion
- Your camera and a sense of fun
- Light jacket/sweater for windy or cool days
- Money/credit card for optional purchases such as dives or some bubbly with dinner.
- Cruise Whitsundays will email you a dietary and medical disclosure form. Please ensure to return these within 48 hours of travel
Easy cancellationCancel up to 14 days in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromA$650.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today